Saturday, May 15, 2010

"St. Jude by the Seashore"


This is the cake I made to donate to St.Jude hospital's Cancer Survivor celebration. The theme this year was "St.Jude by the seashore". The sandals are marble cake with almond filling and icing. The pail is chocolate cake with almond filling/icing. The towel and glasses are fondant. The sand castle in the back is made out of chocolate. I asked some of my past and present students if they would like to donate cakes to be raffled off to the cancer patients. We had a total of 8 cakes. Thank you Meesha, Chandler, Samantha, Paula, Arely & Janet, Sandy and Jonel for your beautifully decorated cakes. A special "thank you" to Jonel, her husband Eric (whom I work with at Sam's club) and their son, Brandon, for sticking around and volunteering at the event.
It was a lot of fun. The survivors LOVED their cakes that they won. I donated cakes last year but was not able to go to the event. This year I volunteered and I have to give a HUGE pat on the back to Executive Chef Will Gotay, my friend and head chef at St.Jude hospital, for putting on this wonderful event, complete with live music, games, face painting, and lots of delicious food and drinks. This is one of those events that I want to be a part of every year!

No comments:

Post a Comment